Looking for the best portable power stations using Lithium-ion batteries? Well you’ve come to the right place. Camping and exploring the outdoors with your friends and family is about to get a whole lot better with portable power stations. Need to charge your phone, power a light, camera or fridge? We’ve got you covered with the best portable power stations on the market.
The Best Portable Solar Power Station
1. Best Overall – ExpertPower Alpha 2400 Lithium Portable Solar Generator
ExpertPower’s Alpha Generator is heavy duty and can power all your large and small appliances. This portable generator is great to have as a back up in case of power outage, or to take with you on a longer camping or van trip. The 2400Wh Lithium battery can power loads of appliances from fridges and TVs to phones and cameras.
- 2400Wh Lithium Battery can power small and large appliances
- LED screen displays battery life and power output
- Compatible with solar panels for an additional charge
- Multiple power outlets including 4 USB ports
- Easy carry handle and sleek design
Why We Like It – This best overall ExpertPower portable power station is simple, high quality, and full of energy. You’ll be covered in an emergency and all your creature comforts can be looked after. This extra large battery pack is top of the range in portable power, and can be recharged by solar panel.
2. Goal Zero Yeti 1000 Lithium Portable Power Station, 1045Wh
This Yeti portable power station from Goal Zero provides the ultimate clean and quiet energy for your indoor or outdoor use. The high power 1045Wh battery gives you long lasting energy while being clean and efficient, and the excellent LED display shows your current power usage and remaining power.
- Long lasting power, including Fridge power for 17 hours
- User friendly LED display with essential stats
- Instant and silent power to your devices
- Lightweight at only 18kg
- Can be re-charged with solar panel
Why We Like It – This is one of the best power stations with it’s compact design, LED screen, multiple ports (including 4 USB ports) and silent power. Whether you’re looking for portable power, emergency power or power for your maintenance jobs, this Yeti 1000 portable generator is a great choice.
3. Goal Zero Yeti 400 Portable Power Station, 400Wh Battery
If you’re looking for a smaller power pack to keep your essentials charged, this Goal Zero Yeti 400Wh Battery is perfect for you. This powerful lead-acid battery is great for coping with power outages, short camping stays, or remote jobs on your property. Also best for phone chargers portable for on-the-go power.
- Long lasting power to your essential devices
- Excellent lightweight and compact design
- Range of outlets including 2 USB ports
- Simple LED display with essential power information
- Compatible with wall outlet and car charging
Why We Like It – Having smaller portable power stations means that you’re protected in an emergency, and have the flexibility to use and charge your devices when out and about. This Yeti power pack is simple and effective to support your adventures, big and small.
4. Goal Zero Yeti 400 Lithium Portable Power Station, 428Wh
Goal Zero has created this ultra lightweight, portable battery to power your smaller appliances and shorter trips. This power pack is charged with 428Wh, with a replaceable lithium battery to increase shelf life. This battery pack is ideal for working remotely and powering your phone, laptop, camera and smaller household appliances like a mini fridge.
- Lightweight lithium battery is replaceable, increasing shelf life by 18 months
- Multiple outputs including 3 USB ports
- Clear informative display with battery life information
- Compact, simple design
- Solar panel, wall outlet and car charging available
Why We Like It – This smaller power pack if perfect for on the go working and exploring. Keep your essential household appliances working, with the security to use and recharge your laptop and phone battery. This is one of the best portable power stations for smaller families or lone exploring, also with phone charger portable battery.
5. Goal Zero Yeti 3000 Lithium Portable Power Station 3024Wh
Looking for larger power stations? Goal Zero’s Yeti 3000 is one of the largest portable power stations available, perfect for powering large appliances. This super strength portable charger will see you through large events like hosting a concert or BBQ, with multiple outlets and long lasting battery life. It even has it’s own wifi source!
- Long lasting battery with hundreds of life cycles
- Clear informative LED display
- Wifi and phone app to control some functions
- Powers large and extra large appliances
- Re charge power banks with solar panel
Why We Like It – This generator from Goal Zero is a great way to get essential power to your larger devices and power your projects to the max. It’s a great design including a cart and handles for easy transport. Recharge on the go by connecting to solar panels. Also, this power station is brilliant for emergencies and supporting communities with little electricity.
6. WEN 56200i Super Quiet 2000-Watt Portable Inverter Generator
WEN Super Quiet Generator is heavy duty and built for construction sites, camping and power outages, keeping your essential tools and appliances running so you get the job done. This power station is quiet with a long lasting battery which gives you security and peace of mind.
- High power battery with long shelf life
- Multiple outlets including 3 pronged outlets
- Quiet power supply
- Portable and lightweight
- Simple control and outlet panel
Why We Like It – If you’re looking for a hard wearing generator that is powerful and efficient, WEN 2000-Watt portable generator is built for you. We like it for it’s long lasting power, it’s able to charge large appliances including washers, tools and has the capability to link 2 generators together for even more power.
7. EF ECOFLOW Portable Power Station EFDELTA 1260Wh
EF Ecoflow is a powerful portable power station giving you 1260Wh of power to charge your appliances on the go. This is a versatile generator that can be used for home emergencies, camping, DIY and construction jobs. It has a sleek modern design that fits into your lifestyle and home decor.
- Range of outlets including 6 AC outlets
- Quick 1 hour recharge time
- Sleek design and LED display
- Can power large and small devices
- Quiet generator
Why We Like It – EcoFlow’s portable power station is a modern and sleek generator that is versatile can be used inside and outside your home. If you’re looking for a mid-size power pack to fulfill your charging needs then this EcoFlow power station is for you.
8. MAXOAK Portable Power Station BLUETTI EB150 1500Wh
This is a great option for portable chargers and generators for using on the go. This practical power generator uses a lithium battery for long lasting charge of your devices, including phones, fridges, and tools.
- Compatible with solar charging
- Clear and informative LED display
- Easy handle carrier
- Hard-wearing outer case
- Multiple power outlets including AC and USB
Why We Like It – A great generator that produces quiet and quick energy to your devices. This product will give you long lasting energy that you can rely on, for construction jobs, emergency power or camping trips. It’s a classic design to support your needs.
Portable Power Station Buyers Guide
How does a portable power station work?
Portable power stations work by holding electricity in a large battery and releasing this to charge and power your devices. They can be used to power appliances such as fridges, washers, power your tools for construction and DIY, use for emergency power outages, or on camping trips. Smaller power packs can also be used to charge your laptop or phone on the go. They can be stored for 3-6 months without use, so are a perfect back up for your home and travels.
How to recharge a portable power station?
There are three key ways to recharge portable power stations. The simplest and usually quickest is to use wall power from your home or mains electricity. If you’re out and about or camping however, you can also by solar panels that are compatible with your power pack to recharge it. This is a brilliant opportunity to use clean energy in your generator. The third method is to plug into your car battery and charge from there, which is ideal for traveling.
How long will the battery in the portable power station last?
Battery length depends on the size and type of battery in your portable generator. Larger batteries that are lithium will have more power and capacity than smaller batteries. It’s good to think about what you would use your generator for, how much power you need and for how long, and this will help to select the size of the generator that you need. Wattage ranges from small power packs to much larger 2000Wh generators, depending on your requirements.
Are portable power stations good for camping?
Portable power stations are brilliant for camping and glamping, allowing you to power your essential items – like phones, lights, torches and stoves. If you’re caravanning or glamping, you can also use them to power fridges, TVs, interior lights and cookers. Portable battery packs are versatile and can help bring your camping to a new level.
This innovative tech is also handy for tradesmen and farmers working outdoors or on sites without electricity, giving you the freedom to charge tools, power lights and have emergency back up power. Power stations can also be re-charged with solar panels to keep you going for longer, a great clean energy option.